Banner

2017 FUND DRIVE

ambulance

The Abiquiu Volunteer Fire Department (AVFD) has grown rapidly under the extraordinary leadership of Chief Eric Martinez. The Abiquiu Area Emergency Services Project (AAESP) has financially supported the training of 18 dedicated and experienced volunteer firefighters and EMTs who responded to 227 calls in your community last year. 136 of those callouts were for rescue and medical emergencies that were not fire related.

This community needs and deserves an Emergency Response Vehicle. This vehicle will be used to transport licensed Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) and county approved equipment when responding to emergency medical (non-fire) calls. AVFD has applied to the New Mexico Emergency Services Bureau for agrant to purchase the vehicle which is expected to cost $120,000. The grant will cover 75% of the cost. AAESP would be responsible for the other 25% or about $30,000. That is our goal this year.

emergency vehicle

We need your help in this effort to improve and enhance the public safety of the communities of Abiquiu, Medanales and Canones. Having a highly trained and well equipped team of volunteer firefighters and medical technicians is critical to the safety and well-being of you and your family. Your generous contribution will help make this effort a reality.

Please support our 2017 Fund Drive in any amount you can afford. This is a lifesaving improvement to our already excellent Fire Department. Let’s save lives together- maybe even yours. You may send a check to AAESP, P.O.Box 728, Abiquiu, NM 87510 or use the Paypal button below.

Sincerely,

AAESP Board Members: Fernando Bayardo, Sam Jewell, John Nelson, Terry Price, Paula Narbutovskih, Danna Nance

(Please note that the images on this page are examples only and don't represent the actual vehicle that will be purchased.

Home